stop.wait.watch

Friday, November 28, 2008

There are times like right now when I question the sincerity of his intention.
I wouldn't say I'm suspicious; I'm just cautious. It sounds contradicting, I know.
In a way, this wariness arose from yesterday's event. I was really saddened by his action which I believe that he's not aware that I heard.
Why did he have to do that? Why does he make me feel worthless?
If I'm not what he has been looking for all these years, tell it straight to my face.
It may be a joke to them, but I'm sorry, I can't see the entertainment value in that.
Am I losing my faith? Maybe.
At such a crucial time like this, I know I shouldn't feel this way.
But I can't help it.

I wish I could stand up tall and proud, and say that I don't need a man by my side.
Okay, maybe I can stand up tall, standing at 1.7m above ground, but not very positive on that proud part.
After all, I'm a girl. I try to be strong but who am I kidding?
I'm soft at heart.
But that doesn't mean I'm submissive. No sirree.
If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it's time to move on.

I feel tons better now that I've poured out my soul on this virtual writing space and I let the tears wet my cheeks.
All I need is to let it out of my system.
The heart still feels crushed but I can feel the infusion of energy back into my body.
If the menses wasn't here, I'd have gone for a run.

Such are the sufferings of a girl.
If it's not issues of the heart, it's the hormonal system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home