stop.wait.watch

Monday, August 11, 2008

I quite enjoyed the first session of the prenuptial course save for the second half of it which was conducted by the ustaz. I thought the session was pretty informative.



I'll tell you why I didn't like the part which was carried out by the ustaz.

Firstly, he's not fluent in English so I got quite muddle-headed with what he said. Pronunciation and all. Secondly, he uses too many Arabic terms which he sort of assumes I guess, that everyone understands those terms. I feel that's the fault with many of the religious leaders when they're out there giving speeches. Thirdly, I asked him a question bout the akad nikah but he was too concerned with me going against the adat (culture). Plus he was too shy when he talked about sex. I mean c'mon, we're all adults. Just say it as it is. Sex. You don't have to go all metaphorical about it. Sex is part of life. That's how we came to be in this world. So just say it! It could be the age but then again, my mum talks about sex with me. So what's wrong? Maybe he's too caught up with the adat thingee about how you're not supposed to discuss about sex. Oh I don't know. I don't really like old people much when they're too conservative.



Anyway, hope the second session would be fruitful too. I quite enjoyed the session even though some people are pretty grouchy about it since they're being forced and all. Well, since we've dragged our asses down so early on Sunday morning, let's just leave our scowls at home and make the best of our time there yar? In a way, it helps me to know more about the fiance even though we've been together for a decade. It helps me to reaffirm the information I know about him through written activities.

Can't wait to get our lives started! *beamz*


"... Baby I'd love you to want me

The way that I want you

The way that it should be..."



Update: My ears and my head hurt after wearing the tudung for the whole day! Can someone tell me why?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home